Accesory stuff

sammy1404

Hi

My accesory list is building with a few EP's and some other stuff and i plan to buy other things such as filters etc. Basically i need something to store them in but i havent got anything at home, needs to be quite big, durable and secure so nothing breaks. Ive looked around and the only thing ive found was an actually accesory kit from Celestrong which comes with EP's filters etc in an aluminium case and this is for around £130. I dont want a kit but i really need a case, i like the looks of aluminum cases but where and what?

If someone has any suggestions id be grateful.

Thanks

I use B&W safety cases, expensive but practically impervious. Depends what you put in them, for me its a set of VERY expensive eyepices and so spending a few quid to protect them is worth it. However when starting out with less expensive kit something like the Maplin cases was just fine.

Nice suggestion Keef.

Might just check out one of those myself. I got a tool box from B&Q for £26 to keep a SW 127 Mak in. It also has a few nice compartments in the lid that just take eyepieces and the barlow...

Cheers

BH

What length is the toolbox and how long ago did you buy it?

Cheers

Hi Donkey

Not got it to hand just now.. I think it is 56cm long and I bought it about 6 weeks ago. I also bought an almost identical one from Lidls for £13 so it's worth keeping an eye out there too.

I'll check properly and drop you a PM

Cheers

BH

Hi Donkey

Not got it to hand just now.. I think it is 56cm long and I bought it about 6 weeks ago. I also bought an almost identical one from Lidls for £13 so it's worth keeping an eye out there too.

I'll check properly and drop you a PM

Cheers

BH

Thanks, I await your PM

Archived