Photo advice

hey, sorry to hijack the thread but i've got the same camera and i was out doing a few shots of orion.

i was using those exact same setting's and my images were ok, but all the stars seemed very blue, i shot about 20 frames and stacked them in DSS but i'm not very impressed with the results i got, the star align didnt seem to work. and the final image was just awfull, basically looked like an over exposed black and white picture.

i dont know if the colour and everything is something you sort out post stacking i.e. photo shop or not so any help would be appreciated.

hey, sorry to hijack the thread but i've got the same camera and i was out doing a few shots of orion.

i was using those exact same setting's and my images were ok, but all the stars seemed very blue, i shot about 20 frames and stacked them in DSS but i'm not very impressed with the results i got, the star align didnt seem to work. and the final image was just awfull, basically looked like an over exposed black and white picture.

i dont know if the colour and everything is something you sort out post stacking i.e. photo shop or not so any help would be appreciated.

if you put your photo in the image section, imaging processing and techniques include as much info about the settings etc somebody there will give good advice

Hi, I took this picture last night with my sony alpha a230.

If anyone has any goods tips or advice how to take good pics as i am new to this game.

Thank you

Great wide shot of Orion.

One thing you could try is converting it to a Black and White photo and it will remove the colour of the light pollution in bottom right.

Archived