NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

power tank question

Can I safely use a rechargeable car jump pack to power my SW AZ goto mount? I have one of these already and it would save me a small fortune on a 'proper' SW powertank and also in AA batteries for the battery harness included. I have a cigar lighter cable that fits and I have tried it quickly and it does work but I didnt want to use it properly incase it was too powerful and blew something or caused other problems.

The pic is the same model I have just incase different ones output differently.

Thanks, Craig.

post-19357-133877525989_thumb.jpg

Brilliant! this has saved me a big expense, cant wait to get out and give it a try for real. What size fuse would be recommended? 3amp im presuming would be enough? I have fuse harnesses and tonnes of fuses so putting one inline wont be a problem.

I dropped my volt meter over it and the tip connection is positive so im inluck, will hack it apart and drop the fuse in now as its looking nice and clear so i might venture out later with a bit of luck, Thanks for all the help guys.

Archived