NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

spc900

soggybongo

Hi all, well my scp900 arrived and plan to use it tonight again all being well with a clear sky.

I'm using wxastro capture and wondering what setting i should start with under the properties tap.

I tried using it lastnight but couldn't get a picture with anything.

Set it up this morning and it works fine. i can view objects and focus through my scope it's just at night i cant see anything.

Your help is needed.

cheers

The FOV of the SPC900 is about the same as a 7mm eyepiece, it is quite easy to miss the target. Try centering the target first using a medium power eyepiece and then switch to one that is nearer to the magnification of the webcam. Re-centre the target and then switch over to the webcam. A good tip is to make this eyepiece parfocal with the webcam so that when you swap over to the webcam you should retain focus or very be near to it. Parfocal rings

Peter

recently purchased the spc900 myself, do you use a 2x barlow or higher, if any barlow at all for imaging, i have seen barlows up to 5x , to get a decent shot of say jupiter what barlow if any would u recommend, and would i be able to get a decent image from a 150PL?

Archived