NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

EQMOD comms lost!

Can anyone help with this:

I connect to the EQ6 mount with Starry Night Pro & EQMOD via a direct USB cable from the local computer at the mount to a Hitec USB EQDIR module (on COM3), which then plugs into the mount. I also run PHD on the computer which contols a Lodestar guidecam via a powered USB hub. I also control the focus with a FCUSB module connected directly by USB to the computer. I also have a USB gamepad (not wireless) for local mount control. Finally, the H16 camera is controlled by Maxim DL via a direct USB cable from the computer.

Everything works normally from startup. I can goto and align and track from SN, guide via PHD and take pictures with Maxim. However, sometimes after a couple of hours tracking and imaging a target, when I come back and try to control the mount from SN, all contact is lost with the mount. Its still tracking, the guide and imaging camera are still working, but nothing will re-establish contact with the mount. It was cold (-2) and there was a bit of frost about, but everyting else worked.

Anyone any ideas, this is really frustrating! It seems to be happening more often than not recently.

I had a similar experience the other night, not for the first time, and I put it down to the computer to mount plug, at the mount end. My '5 uses an RJ45 connector which can be a bit iffy compared to your '6 which uses a DB9 so should be more stable. But...

Just a thought.

Steve

Archived