Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sketching Techniques and Guides

Nick P

Hi everyone, I have been trolling through the internet trying to find resources to help improve my astronomical sketches (especially lunar) and have found the following which I thought other SGL'ers might find useful:

Google Books - Astronomical Sketches a step by step guide: this is only the first chapter but covers lunar sketching very well in three different media (graphite pencil, charcoal, and ink)

Astronomical sketching: a step-by ... - Google Books

Carol Lakomiac's (Talitha) step by step lunar sketching guide (Mods hope this is OK as its to another forum - but it is very useful, and it is our Carol!)

CN FORUMS ARCHIVE Telescope Reviews: Step-by-step Lunar sketching

The Belt of Venus - this site contains a wealth of sketching techniques in several languages, plus many galleries - many hours of entertainment here!

Astronomical Sketching Resources - Belt of Venus

I hope anyone starting out or developing their sketching finds these as useful as I do.

Best

Nick

Archived