SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Skywatcher Dobsonian Telescope (10")

Hi,

I'm new here to the forums and just wanted to say hi to everyone.

I have recently bought a Skywatcher Dobsonian 10'' telescope which replaces my ageing Seden 6'' Newtonian (the optics on this telescope were not good)

I have just had my first clear night using the Dobsonian and I am totally blown away with how much difference it has made.

Anyone that is new to telescopes and looking to buy, I highly recommend a Skywatcher Dobsonian. It is very quick and easy to find things in the night sky compared to an EQ mount. Setting up the finderscope was a breeze compared to other models.

Manage to see 3 belts on Jupiter tonight (before I had only seen a bright white disc.) And some great detail of Orions Nebula.

The only problem I have so far is that the 1.25'' T Adapter to connect my DSLR does not have enough focusing distance but I hope to fix that with the advice I've found on this forum.

Looking forward to more stargazing nights :)

Archived