NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Sky Scan eq3-2 polar scope help

Hi all

Would anyone know if anywhere still sells the older slide in style polar scope ( the one that is held in by 3 finger screws ) for a Sky Scan 2001 eq3-2.

The reason I ask is because I bought one of the newer ones ( which was definitely for an eq3-2 cos I checked the diameter of the scope shaft with the retailer ) and it wouldn't fit. I had unscrewed the old style 3 finger screw holder and tried to slot the scope in but it wouldn't go in very far. I looked inside and thought I could see a sleeve in the main shaft. But after removing the ra dial, ally stopper and slid off the whole ra section of the mount I found out that it wasn't a separate sleeve but just the main shaft that tapers down after the threaded section.

Is there a way of fitting the newer polar scope into this mount or would my only option be the older type?

Thanks

Hi Steve. I did read this thread but from the sound of it they were ending up removing the 3 thumb screw section and then inserting the new polar scope and screwing it in. I have removed that too and gone further but the diameter of the shaft on the new scope is only just too wide to fit in the existing tube. Here are some pics i took that i posted in a different thread.

smutly-albums-equipment-picture8550-dsc01123.jpg

smutly-albums-equipment-picture8549-dsc01118.jpg

smutly-albums-equipment-picture8573-dsc01135.jpg

Just a thought....

Would a CG4 polar scope fit in a eq3=2?

They are separate listings and prices at the retailers websites.

If the CG4 will fit the screw thread, and the shaft diameter was 1mm narrower, then this would work.

Any Thoughts?

Archived