Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Skymax 180 fist 'proper' session

sooty

Had a nice couple of hours earlier.Having read so much on here about GoTo,it went surprisingly well,(thanks all).The seeing wasn't great,and jupiter was behind some trees.M1 and M31 eluded me,even struggled with the bins on the latter!Lined up on Rigel through the handset,just to check all was well,and cranked the power up to 270x,which was way to much,then nipped inside for a cuppa,whilst the scope cooled.

Fifteen minutes later,still inside the field of view,so i'm happy with the tracking,(Astro Baby,you're a star!).Still no M1,think i glimpsed M31,the moon was up by now,so into the handset and GoTo,well it was in my hand,shame not to use it:).Quick look at Almack and Castor,both stunning,although Castor was tricky.Slipped the 40mm eyepiece in,then onto M35,36 and 37,must have go at sketching those.And finally,M42,which was absolutely breathtaking,such 'ghost' like.I know the Maks aren't favored for deepsky stuff,but i'm happy with it at the moment.

Sorry for the long post,but i am quite chuffed.

Regards,

Sooty.

Archived