NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Getting the fainter fuzzies

george7378

Hi everyone,

I am looking to expand my repertoire of galaxies and nebulae by hopefully getting some fainter NGC and M numbers under my belt. I have been observing galaxies such as M81, M82, M31 and satellites, etc... for the past year, and now that Ursa Major and Virgo are coming back round with their troves of fuzzies, I am hoping to get a lot more observed with my 250PX. What I am planning to do is search a general area of the sky with regular sweeps, taking the time to seach each FOV for objects. This should be useful in hopefully showing be some objects up to 10th or 11th magitude. Does anyone have any tips on finding the lesser known objects?

Thanks.

& Patience perhaps?

Sounds like your familiar with a number of dso's,

what i do if i fancy looking for

something new is use the familiar objects as a guide- if they're showing well, its worth looking for something fainter, if they aren't looking too great, its probably not worth trying to track down the faint ones.

Archived