NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Anyone use Skywatcher dual speed crayford for newts?

Hi all, I need to upgrade my focuser on my 200p and wanted to know if anyone is using one of these for astrophotography?

After a bit of bodging with the standard crayford on my scope I am able to get focus with just the ccd attached but want to be able to use my filter wheel etc.

So I had a word with FLO today and they are more than willing for me to send the "dual speed low profile" back if it doesn't work for me, but I'd sooner see if anyone else uses one to save the hassel of FLO having to send one and then me having to send it back? Instead I could just plump for a moonlight (which would put a few of the other goodies I was going to get myself on the back burner:( )

My problem with the standard focuser is not enough inward focus,which I know I could solve by moving the mirror up the tube but I'd sooner not go down that route!

So anyone know if this would solve my dilema?

Thanks in advance

Matt.

Sorry to bump this thread but I was thinking of upgrading the focuser on my 200P, not for the same reasons as Matt. When focusing my DSLR with liveview or just observing I think the standard focuser isn't fine enough.

Does the dual speed low profile fit the 200P as it states on the FLO website it's for tube diameters 9 - 15 inches, or is that refering to the outer dimensions not the mirror size.

Archived