Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

eyepieces, eyepieces, eyepieces lol

If you are nimble fingered and have a feel for threads (like me lol) then you'll have no problem changing FTR's in the pitch black. A red light torch is enough to pick them up then "get a feel" for where the thread starts.

I do this by lightly turning the thread in the opposite direction till I hear/feel a small click. That's usually the place to start turning the right way, very gingerly. The only damage possible really is thread jamming/stripping - and then only if you're ham fisted and forcefull lol :)

Apart from the excellent advice above - do try the Hyperion Mk2 zoom. It's around £90-£100 s/h, but has 5 field stops from 8mm to 24mm in 4mm increments. I personally think it's a great general workhorse for viewing, alignment, and photography.

It also takes the FTR's though I'm not 100% sure of how that affects the focal length at each field stop. It won't be as good as an individual ep for any field stop, but it's at least two steps up in quality from supplied ep's.

Hope that helps :)

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh right that sounds easy then, i work as a test engineer in a construction company so bolts, nuts unions a basically threading things together is what i do so i should be fine with them hopefully. Thanks for that one, i'll also take in mind what you just mentioned about the hyperion mk2 zoom and take a look at it :)

Archived