Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Crazy.....but good.

alowen

Well after deciding to upgrade the mount for my 150 skyliner from FLO to a eq5 (due to having to be an amatuer contortionist) i've made an interesting discovery.

Mount (eq5): £214

Tube rings: £35ish

Long dovetail: £18

Total: £267 :D

Then i see the Skywatcher Explorer 200P EQ5 is £377 posted !!

So for roughly a £100 pounds more than the upgrade outlay, i can get it all AND a 200mm OTA :)

Its a no brainer really.

Just thought i'd post my findings.

Al

I always advise newbies to take their time when buying kit because reselling or upgrading always works out more expensive when they might already be on a limited budget. One example of course is when motorising mounts, as it's cheaper to have it at the start and worse to buy the motors separately. I'm also surprised at how many people buy kit without ever looking through it first or through something very similar. As a result, they have no idea whether it will match their expectations in their rush to get going on the observing front.

Congratulations on your purchase! You could further increase the 'saving' if you sold your 150p and put the money towards getting a good eyepiece?

Clear skies for your new improved scope.

James

Archived