NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Which guide rings, dovetail etc needed?

Astroblagger

Hello i have just recieved an st-80 for guiding, im planning to use it to guide a megrez 72 which by the way has a foot rather than rings? on an heq5 pro.

Would anyone know which guide rings and dovetails i would need to get? Or does anyone have a similar setup. (how is yours connected) Can i get rings to fit a megrez 72?

Maybe just go side by side? I never need to move the ST80 to find a guide star and just rotating it sideways if ever I did have a problem would be enough. So I would save money on rings and gain rigidity, using a sise by side plate.

Olly

Thanks for the advice olly, can you reccommend a suitable side by side plate. do you think it will work out cheaper getting a side by side arrangement? Am i right in thinking the megrez foot and st-80 will just slide straight in to each side of the bar. How do you find ballancing it?

Archived