Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Insurrance for astro kit

a recent post by a member on here about some of his equipment [EP'S] etc being stolen prompted me to think why don't astro manufacturers put serial numbers on equipment like that somewhere then you could register them,i mean astro kit as we all know don't come cheap so if it does get stolen or damaged lost etc then like all your other valuables it would make it easier if you could claim on your insurrance, not to mention if they were stolen and later recovered it would prove they belong to you, assuming you have insurrance. which it'self brings up another point, how do most of you insurre your astro kit, for instance do you have seperate cover for it or is it covered along with all your other valuables ?.

Regards Rob. Gzerojvk

Some do and some don't. My SV80s had a serial number, not sure about my other two scope. I insured my astro kit with household insurance.

You can get Immobolise markers to mark your stuff. The serial number of the tags and microdots can be registered with a police national database. https://www.immobilise.com/view.php?stage=category

Archived