Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Buckinghamshire report 8 Jan 11

jasonp

Clear skies last night for the first time since xmas.

Dragged the scope out quite early and actually got some nice views of jupiter with my 5mm TMB £36 ebay job. Was very impressed as the last time I used it the seeing conditions were poor. Also bought the 6.3mm Skywatcher Plossl from FLO and gave that ago for the first time. Got some really nice views of both Jupiter and Uranus whilst going in and out to make dinner :)

Our local Astro society posted on their forum that they were opening the Obs with the 1100 CPC so me and the Girlfriend went up to have a play.

I did tell her that she would need good footwear and fair play to her coming out, but after 90 mins she got cold feet lol and we went home.

Anyway we saw Jupiter, Uranus, M42 M31 and the double cluster ( all of which I have seen before ) but one new object observed was the double star in Aries Gamma Arietis.

Cant wait for later, going to use the 200p All night.

Brief report but my first attempt.

Archived