whooo it works - first light

Hi all

Just thought id share the exporience of my first session with my first scope. (celestron 127) following a few basic hiccups now sorted.

i live in afairly light polluted area, but itching since christmas to get out and try it, took the plunge and wow. Now this may be old hat to the more experrienced, but the views of the moon are superb. have managed (after much looking, reading, checking. etc managed to identify a few lunar features with the 22 and 9 ml eye pieces,and had a gander at cassiopia. wonderful. tried to align my scope but it kept failing - then powertank died.

Tomorrow night with a bit of luck i may be able to work out how to do the alignment properly and head for darker skies. are any of you guys from Stafford? wheres the best places for abserving, im thinking about the Chase.

ill let you know how the alignment goes

Archived