Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

EQ 3-2 or NEQ 3-2 MOUNT?????

PARTY MARTY

Hi and a Happy New Year to all the guys in SGL!! :D

I thinking about purchasing a good GOTO EQ mount for my new grab and go Skywatcher 127mm Mak scope and thinking about buying the Skywatcher 3-2 EQ mount.

However after looking through FLO website, I noticed that there is newer version of the EQ 3-2 called the NEQ 3-2. Which is slightly more expensive but I don't know what's the difference between them both.

I am starting to take up astrography of DSO's but I'm not sure which mount is suitable to the task????

What should I buy or should I just think balls to it and get the NEQ 5 EQ Mount which is slightly more expensive than the NEQ 3-2 mount, and it also has got a good review on it's capabilites.

I know I've had many problems before with the meade ETX mount which is rubbish which is a shame because the optics on the Meade are superb!!! and that's the reason why I've got the Skywatcher 127 tube ready for a good mount.

If anyone has any suggestions please feel free????? :)

Cheers Brantuk!!

I'm sorta off looking in the direction of the NEQ 5 mount even if it's a little bit expensive than the NEQ 3-2 mount but it has a payload of 9kgs and as well so bigger scope tubes can be fitted as well.

Like most people say more often get the best mount you can afford. The performance on any scope is so much improved with a study mount!!!!

I've just looked at the Celestron CG-5 GT GOTO mount and apparently is the same as the Skywatcher EQ-5 PRO GOTO mount.

I think price difference between the EQ-5 AND THE EQ-5 PRO is due to the fact that both axis on the EQ-5 PRO are ball bearings, so the mount will move much more smoother, with that little bit extra I think the EQ-5 PRO seems the better choice.

Celestron CG-5 GT GT looks good as well, However I'm one of those weird individuals who prefer the mount and tube to be of the same brand!!!

Strange but I'm sure I'm not the only one though????

Archived