Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

All sky ccd camera 101H-B36

ncjunk

Hi,

Thought someone may be interested...

Just read in a spanish astro mag they are using the 101hb36 camera as an all sky camera to check the sky. It has the possibility to stack up to 268 subs...looks very good and not too expensive.

I may have to try and track one down next pay day. Theres a link below but i have no idea who the company is, i just googled it for the specs.

http://www.rfconcepts.co.uk/dome_camera_1o1hb36.htm

That looks interesting - I like the ability to mask out bright areas to see faint ones - a good auto-sensing meteor camera? What I can;t see is how to program the 'privacy' and sensing zones. I see two uses for this camera - a dome internal camera and an all-sky camera. Since the output is analogue, I will need a framegrabber to import the images to a tool which can stack and alarm. Suggestions ?

Mike

Its use in the mag is for all sky, it may be usefull for meteor showers as well.

I think in my initial post it should be integration of up to 268 frames...it is of course not the same as processing subs.

I think it may need some tweaking for astro use, perhaps a different case but the photo in the astro mag looks good. I will try and find a link.

Archived