Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Need info on screws from a meade DS2114 (or probably any ds2000 range)

I have mislaid the screws that held the tube holder band thing onto the single arm of my mead ds2114 mount.

I finally got hold of the dovetail adapter that means I can mount my explorer 150 on to the goto and the screws have walked !!

There are 4 of them and they look to be 3-4mm but I have lots of screws and gentle testing suggests its not a standard thread pitch.

Any ideas anyone ? Or can anyone take one out perhaps and take a photo so I know what I am looking for ?

I never did find out the bolt size so in the end I drilled out and retapped to accept M3 bolts. My advice if you do this mod.... DONT LOOSE THE SCREWS :icon_eek:

Just in case anyone else is interested in this mod I thought I would post some pics.

I removed scope holder from the ds2114 mount. Bought a universal(ish) dovetail mount from ebay for £35 or so. I will dig out the seller, he is a shop chap selling lots of scope stuff. The holes did have to be drilled out slightly but only slightly.

IMG_0306.jpg

Mounted the dovetail from my skywatcher 150.

IMG_0305.jpg

And finally, nobody breathe, fitted the scope and stood back.

IMG_0303.jpg

Its much more stable than it looks, waiting for my battery tank to charge up so I can test its not stressing the gears too much. I plan to add another rest on the other side of the scope to take some of the weight. Mainly because I am hoping to piggyback my dSLR as well.

Archived