Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

EQ2 Mount and single drive motor?

swlloyd3

Hello,

Basically I am about to spend some money on upgrading my telescope mount to enable me to take some longer exposure astrophotography shots and enable an upgrade to my current 130mm helios telescope.

I have already asked which mount would be suited for this a few days ago and have had some excellent information....

The problem is in order to justify forking out the cash to purchase a mount such as the EQ5-PRO GOTO i will also need to have some cash in order to 'upgrade' my current camera.

I currently have a fujifilm s100fs, more often referred to as a 'bridge camera', not quite a DSLR but not a compact either.

The camera itself is very good and produces some wonderful images as well as being relatively good with noise.... however it will only allow a maximum exposure of 30 seconds and as such I am limited as to what I can achieve.

I don't want to give up on it yet and before I go and buy a new mount and camera I was wondering whether anybody thinks that my current EQ2 will be fine for use in conjunction with an single axis motor for exposure's up to 30seconds, piggybacked and zoomed in to up to 300mm onto the subject I wish to photograph?

I know that some very good results can be had and I would very much like to learn a lot of the basics with my current equipment when it comes to imaging the night sky and some of the brighter DSO's on offer before I spend more money.....

Thank you for any advice!

Ste.

Archived