NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

7 degrees out

valleyman

Having modded the new Dobson with SETTING CIRCLE for Az, it was time to test it.

Took the scope out and set it to North. attached the pointer to zero and then looked at Stellirium for the bearing to Jupitor.

Swung the scope roung to the bearing and there was Jupitor in view after adjusting the Alt. was thinking GREAT. try Vega now. did the same and again got a great result....was feeling chuffed. What i had read on here worked. Thanks Guys.

Next time took the scope out..........did not North align. Went to Jupitor. Looked at Stellirium and took the indicator and set it at Jupitors bearing ...about 185 degrees.

took the bearing for Plaeides from Stellirium and swung the scope round to that bearing...........No where to be seen. used the finder scope and checked the bearing .............it was 7 degrees out.

Strange it had worked a couple of hours earlier. Did a few more checks and every time it was 7 degrees out.

decided to check the Az on another Star map and guess what....yep it was seven degrees differant to Stellirium

Checked my location settings in Stellirium and it seems I had moved to Paris and as we all know Paris is 4dergees east of the meridium and I am 3 west............=7 Embarressed:o.........Hihi Happy Xmas

Archived