Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Jupiter Compare

James4

Hope I'm doing this right ... I need to start a new thread for posting images? It seems I have to go to my album and copy the URL before I create the new post - so I can copy in the html? Is there no way to navigate from the post and pick an image? Okee Doke, to the post.

I upgraded by camera in summer from a 5 year old Canon 300D to a Nikon D5000. The Canon still takes great Deep Sky images but has no video. I was using a pocket digital (Pentax Optio E30) for video and was eagerly anticipating the bigger imaging sensor on the new Nikon providing much lower noise on video. But initial outtings are not showing much difference really! However, the newer Nikon does offer excellent low noise very high (6400) ISO performance allowing me to image deep sky objects without guiding.

Thought I would post a comparison of Jupiter with the pocket digital and with the Nikon DSLR

james4-albums-scoping-picture8131-jupiter-omni-xlt-150-pentax-optio-e30-pocket-digital-versus-jupiter-nikon-d5000-video-mode.jpg

Archived