SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Synscan 2 star alignment issues.

Having just purchased a Skywatcher Synscan-127 AZGT, I have been going through the set up menus, indoors, checking procedures. I have noticed that on 2 star alignment, I am not able to slew the scope in using the direction controls during the prompt for fine alignment of the second star. In fact the controller slews then says 'alignment successful' after I press enter. Is there anything I have overlooked in other setup menus, I have followed the manual and controller prompts to the T. Sorry a frustrated newcomer to GOTO.

Many thanks.

I have had this when i first started using mine. The handset factory setting sets the slew rate to x1 so it moves really slow. You will only see it move when looking through the eyepiece at a decent magnification.

When the scope has stopped on its second star and befor pusshing enter press the number 2 key and it will ask for a new rate. press the desired number (i suggest 5 for a decent rate to coarse align ) and you should see and hear the scope move. The slew rates go from 1 to 9 (x1 to x800).

You should now be able to align the second star.

Can't say this is your issue but it is the usual.

Dave...

Thank you Dave, just run through it again and you are correct albeit a rate of 4 on my controller, but still slow enough and 'quiet' enough to not notice what is going on unless as you point out, I'm looking through the eyepiece.(one step at a time!)

However I wonder want the tolerance for 'Alignment Failed' might be as I am presently just experimenting, in wait for clear skies?

Gently does it...

Greamy..

Archived