Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sirius B

SPX350 F17, EQ6, Mintron12V6, Astrodon filters.

Had a quick go at this and I found a faint star burried in the diffraction spike (bad luck) but forgot which way was North - somewhere in the upper direction. I will use a 5xPowermate next time for a close view and pin down North.

Sirius B I think is at the 9 O'Clock pos'n?

Image1 single frame from avi.

Image2 RGB 1000frames each.

Thanks, John.

post-15219-13387751251_thumb.jpg

post-15219-133877512515_thumb.jpg

That's a good result. I've thought of trying this myelf, as I understand the separation is currently quite favourable, but assumed that you needed to block the light of Sirius A to stand any chance of seeing or imaging it. I assume that you didn't manage to see it visually?

Thanks Luke, don't do visuals any more although would have been interesting to try. The B star is 8.5mag.

CN FORUMS ARCHIVE Telescope Reviews: Sirius B sighted

Looks like a visual result is possible even in modest scopes but seeing will play a major role, some use a hexagonal mask.

Will definitely give this another go at 10meter fl and gets its PA as verification.

John.

Archived