Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

my orion piggybacked on cpc800

nathkrul

It is m8, I usually have the orion refractor mounted on my heq5-pro but I really like the simple Gps star align of the cpc so bought myself an ADM mounting kit about 2 months back.

I originally thought the weight of the other scope plus the counterbalance weight would be too much for the mount but after last night I know its ok now, plus others have done a similar setup.

Lets hope it stays lined up after taking the scope and rings off the dovetail bar, kept the rings attached to the refractor of course, but we'll find out when its clear next, whenever that will be(most likely be when moons full again lol).

At least I can use the refractor while waiting for the cpc scope to cool down now :) just got sick of the long cool down time even though I use a cat cooler to cool it down quicker..

Archived