NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

An unexpected first light.

DrNeb

Hello all,

I've ordered a Skywatcher 250px dob and i cannot wait to give you all my little write up on how everything goes.

However! because i literally couldn't wait, i picked up a mini telescope to tide me over, nothing fancy! the infinita 76mm. it looks like a space rocket and screams cheap. But it has given me my first ever look at the moon through a scope. I could pick out all sorts of detail...

the way the shadows crept in at the terminator was truly a sight!

if i was impressed with this, i'm sure i am going to be pinging around like a child loaded on sugar when i look through the 10 inch dob.

What a fantastic hobbie!

I am glad you had a good first time.

I too had first light on my re-built 10in Dob last night and if you have the same experience when you get your then you will not be disappointed.

I went out and for the first time is over a week I could see a few stars between the clouds and I thought this would be a good time to align my RDF with my scope for First Light.

The only star I could see with my eyes was Betelguese and I though this would be an easy jon of RDF alignment. How wrong I was. I point the scope by eye to Betelguese and looked through a 32mm EP and I thought all I had to do was just move the scope around a bit until I found Betelguese. WOW I was impressed as with my eye all I could see was Betelguese between the clouds but in the EP I saw hundreds of stars and I kept moving the scope and and there was more and more.

I never got around to aligning the RDF or finding Betelguese as I was staring at the multiudes of stars that lay beofre me. It was never like this on me 4in.

So DrNeb you are going to have a fantastic time.

Archived