SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Bst explorer dual ED

Just got the 8mm from alan at skys the limit as my high power eyepiece in my lx90 8" and Meade 5000 diagonal.

I've already got the 15 and 25 which I find very sharp and bright and comfortable.

But the 8 amazed me. Jupiter was by far the clearest I've seen it at this mag, tried UO optics 9mm, super plossls and nothing has been close to the detail I could see.

Not a very subjective test as I was so surprised I just stared until the cloud and fog rolled in:) need to compare with the super plossls I've still got but I have looked at Jupiter with another lx90 and several others and this is my best yet, I would say a 30-50% improvement. Might be lucky perfect seeing but I don't think so.

Had a look at a number of DSOs too and they were as good as the others, just bigger:) and despite being in quite a light polluted and urban housing area got the sharpest stars I've seen too.

Felt like it could go more, but I have barlowed the 15 before and nowhere near this good at 7.5.

Not a very scientific review I know, but I'm very happy with my purchase:)

• 10 months later...

Archived