Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Focal reducer etc. for Skywatcher MAK

Macavity

Recently, I've been playing around with a Watec video Camera, plus my current scopes - A (humble) ST102 and MAK150 Pro. Although neither are ideal for the task, I was wondering re. the possibilities of focal reducers for the (f=1800/F12) MAK150.

Thus far, it seems the (Modern Astronomy) long "C" adaptor, plus ATIK 0.5x reducer, gives me a (measured!) ~0.55x reduction on the MAK. (F6 - F7). I can clearly "push it" a bit - further upto F3 , by adding filters as additional spacers. But I'm not sure that's such a great idea. (Image distortion etc?) :D

JUST wondering: Given the tools at hand - Namely a MAK150, have any of you come up with a NEAT focal-reducing, photo (Webcam / Video) "back end" for a Skywatcher MAK. Such might include a (better? stronger?) focal reducer, micro-focusser, T2 filter wheel etc. :D

Archived