Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

need info for setting up

g7hej

dear graham,i have one of these i bort a couple of years back.its ok for general viewing but if you have used it you will notice how much the tube moves.the dovetail is bolted to the 0.5mm tube so flexes a lot.i got some tube rings and a new dovetail bar to stop the flexing.i also made a tripod with 4 feet out of 4x1 to make a tube with braced legs so there,s no tripod movement.with tube rings you can fix a camera to it and take some pictures as it will follow the star but not to well so would be ok with short exposures and or short focal lengths.also as its not an equatorial mount the stars will rotate about the central one eventually.a dslr would be ok piggy backed as this is called but the dslr would need an adapter to fit the scope without its lens attatched ie body only.also it might not focus either.i have used my 130slr tube/scope on an eqatorial mount and it works well.you can also use a mini zoom camera with a bracket attatched to the eyepiece or piggy back for jupiter etc.one tip is say for a 30s dsle piggy back picture start the camera exposure going with a card blocking the lens for the first say 3 seconds so any vibration will stop the do the same just before it finishe.digital cameras are fun because you can rush inside ad downlod them 2c what happened,then try again. hope this help and have fun.sincerely old geezer aka richard also g4kzk

Archived