NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Binning at 2x1

Interesting thought... I haven't seen an imaging software which will give that option(!???) All I've seen are 1x1, 2x2, 4x4

You can in post processing use column combine to get any height of pixels summed into a single pixel. I use this for spectroscope work in AA4.

You can do this with Artemis capture. I did a few exposures one evening by mistake doing 2x1 and you just these odd rectangular pixels, kind of like the old Commodore C64 graphics. Not very pretty iin other words!

Tony..

You can do it, yes. I know this because a guest once did so by accident, giving the Horsehead the Bob Hoskins look, more wide than high!! This has since been christened Hargraves Binning in his honour.

In fact we sorted it out out simply by resizing (10 seconds at most) and the image was very good indeed, to our great relief.

What remains to be considered is whether there might be occasions when semi binned colour might be a good compromise. Anyone want to waste a good clear night??

Olly

Archived