Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

the size of teflon pads?

hi all,

I am wanting to know what the equation is for teflon pad size/scope weight. I'm planning to renew my pads and see if i can get some rougher laminate attached to base for the pads to run on. (i'm fortunate to have a wife in kitchen trade!)

Another question, do the pads have to go on the bottom as it wud be easier to put the laminte on bottom board.

Many thanks.

Brian

In the Kriege and Berry "the Dobsonian Telescope", it's 15 pounds per square inch (for teflon over Ebony Star laminate). Personally, I like my pads a bit bigger, but then I like a bit more force to move the scope than on Obsessions.

Thanks for that Sixela,

I'm also wondering about the Alt bearing. My scope has a red ring of roughish material but this is the weaker of the 2 areas and I'd like to have a go at improving it. Has anyone dug this ring out and replaced it with teflon and laminate on the side boards?

Thanks

Archived