Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SynScan - I's about Time ?

I know most people use their watch. I've been told time doesn't need to be accurate. But what do most of you use

My watches are all a different time & not sure how acurate their time anyway. Does it really matter - Should I just be not too picky?

It does make a difference to some extent. Just watch how far a star moves in a few seconds in a static telescopes view. The further out your time, the further out the first star will be for alignment. But once you have gotten the first couple of stars aligned the synscan works out the rest :)

Just to add - if it does drift out you can allways replace one of the alignment objects with the one you are you are looking at, and the electronics will recalculate the rest. Plus you'll also be able to use the PAE (pointing accuracy enhancement) feature of the handset to refine the positioning. :)

Hello Questions, & TJ nice to meet you!

Ok. So If I just use my Win7 Time Server source settings everything should be quite accurate. (UTC) Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London. Brill!

BrantUK,

"Hello again" "Replace one of the alignment objects with the one you are looking at" Please could you give an example of how to do this, as you know I need to a lot of telling to learn or get the jist of what someone means. Also I read briefly about PAE but will do that aswell, thats interesting. Thanks

Thanks,

Jamie :)

On my Synscan you can just re-centre an object once you have it smack in the middle of the EP. I do this all the time to keep the software well aligned through the night. Once centered I press the top left button, whatever its called, the object name shows, then I press and hold the top left button till the handset says 're centering object'.

Out of interest I received a weather station for Christmas last year and this has a radio link to an atomic clock in Switzerland so I rather magnificently refer to this as my atomic time!

Olly

Please read what I say here Brant & please tell me if I am right or wrong. Or maybe you can further explain for me Brant. The first part of your quote. Do you mean, if I drift out of view of e.g. Polaris or the Moon as the first alignment object I could use that object again to re align? I woudn't know what any of the new objects were to use them for aligning, unless the telescope synscan know what the object is & tells me what I am pointing it at.

As said I'm not good at identifying anything other than Polaris, the Moon or Jupiter yet. I've been told I can use the Moon to align the Telescope on so maybe I could just use it to re align or re centre & use PAE on it.? I don't know. So Couldn't I just do that, align it on something I know & hte telescope should know what it is once I start the PAE process.

As for PAE. If I am on an object, say Polaris or the Moon once I get the red dot in centre of view of the Polaris or Moon, can't I just press the top left button like olly penrice says, then wait for ojbect to show, then press top left button again till it says re centering object. Won't that get my telescope to identify the object & use it for the re centering or re alignment?

I'm getting confused by how the whole thing works. Maybe you can explain it all really easy for me. I'm having a hard time with this bit.

"Just to add - if it does drift out you can allways replace one of the alignment objects with the one you are you are looking at"

and the electronics will recalculate the rest. Plus you'll also be able to use the PAE (pointing accuracy enhancement) feature of the handset to refine the positioning. :)

Archived