Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Saturn - old image

Astrokev

Browsing through some old images while tidying up my hard drive, I came across my first Saturn images, taken during the 2006 opposition, when the rings were a little more open than the coming apparition.

This image is a stack of 10 separate shots taken afocally with a Coolpix point and shoot and 10" Newtonian. Not a great image by any means, but as my first effort I was quite pleased at the time.

The image scale was quite small on the original shots, the disk only spanning about 100 pixels, and the focus could have been better. I think this limited what I could do in Registax, 'though I have to say that I just can't get the hang of using wavelets. My efforts seem only to increase the noise in the image and I really struggle to bring out any more detail. Is this due to the lack of decent image scale? Any tips would be much appreciated.

Thanks for looking.

post-19542-133877501453_thumb.jpg

Archived