NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Heads up on a good usa source for scopes and bits

Given that we where talking about getting stuff from the USA in another thread I thought I'd post this as william is a reliable supplier.

I have used william twice now without fault.. In fact the latest purchase was only ordered on 16th of Nov and turned up on my doorstep this morning with no customs hassles etc.

I bought an Apogee 80mm F5.8 wide field scope from him and am blown away by the quality for the money.

Its solid, very solid, infact there appears to be a fair bit of cast aluminium used, retractable dew shield, 2" very smooth rack and pinion focuser with 1.25" adaptor, a 45 deg erect image diagonal and a 20mm plossl..I gave it a quick go outside this afternoon and though there is some false colour on bright objects at high powers its no worse than the synta fracs. It also has a standard tripod mount so its easy to use as a grab and go.

The price I paid for this?? $99.95 + $44 express postage. so the whole lot came out at around the £75 mark..

(sorry but I cant take it out and do a proper review on it as its my brothers christmas present and I dont want to give it to him used.)

He also has some apogee filter wheels around the £35 mark..they look pretty good for the money..

**Update** I just spoke to william,he has one apogee 80mm left then they are gone forever..

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Telescope-Warehouse

Archived