NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Cable Caddy

BlueAstra

Just thought I would show you my latest version of cable caddy. In my original portable setup (shown here: http://stargazerslounge.com/equipment-discussion/102899-typical-nights-setup-ba-towers.html ) I used a plastic box to hold all the cables. This was OK, but the box was getting heavy, and I had to make another trip to the garage to get both EQ6 weights. I saw a Stanley wheeled tool box on offer at B&Q and thought it would make the ideal cable caddy.

The closed box is how it is stored and wheeled round to the scope. At the scope the box is opened, with the cables in the bottom and the EQ6 weights & joypad in the tool tray. The mains, EQ6 serial coms and USB repeater cable go off to the left to plug into the wall sockets. On the right I have Canon mains power adapter, EQ6 power cable, USB hub power cable, EQ6 comms cable, and dew heater contoller, all of which connect to the scope tower. I've cut two slots at each end of the box so the cables can connect with the lid on.

The USB cable from the scope mounted hub is connected to the repeater end in the box. I've also added a switched LED light 'rope' to help connect in the dark. The mains plugboard powers all the adapters and 12V cig adapter. There's also an extra plugboard extension for use if necessary. Once everything is connected I put the lid back on and it makes a useful eyepiece/joypad/laptop table near the scope.

The box has taken at least 10 minutes off my setup and teardown time, and reduced the number of trips back and forth!

post-16060-133877498255_thumb.jpg

post-16060-13387749826_thumb.jpg

Archived