NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

What adapters?

you need a camera adaptor, and a Canon AF T2 mount. Both are available on Scopes n Skies (and you can get a 10% SGL discount (see announcements section))

if you're just planning to do prime focus, get this:

http://tinyurl.com/uhe38

You'll probably eventually want to do Eyepiece projection (or, like me, want to do it straight away), so get this instead:

http://tinyurl.com/shpke

for the T2 mount:

http://tinyurl.com/woc9r

Andrew

Thanks for the info.

Now, does this allow me to screw this

image.jpg

to the inside of the T-adapter and still screw it to the adapter for the scope?

I'm assuming for it to work that both adapters will be on the same thread.

Its difficult to describe without pictures!!

Scotty

Okay as this is confusing me, I'll demonstrate a few pics of how things go together for my paticular setup.

1.image.jpg

This is the part that fit between the 2" focuser and the T-adapter

2.image.jpg

3.image.jpg

This is the T-adapter

4.image.jpg

And finally the camera attaches to this - where does the adapter go - I know this is really going to lengths but I'm so confused with threads inside and outside and adapters A,B and T :D :D

I just need to figure where and how I fit my 1 1/4" filters. Why does it seem so complexed?! :D

Scotty

1.image.jpg

This part usually has a tube screwed on which holds the 1.25" eyepiece, you appear to have unscrewed that and removed it.

2.image.jpg

This shows it in position - good so far

3.image.jpg

With the T-adapter its ready for the camera

4.image.jpg

Like this. You should be able to focus your camera with this setup, the downside is that there is nowhere to put the filters, so if you need to use filters you need one of these, which is known as a nosepiece.

image.jpg

This little gizmo screws into the T mount which then goes into the camera. It fits in place of the 1.25" eyepiece which in turn fits into the tube bit that's missing from the top picture. I assume that you have one of those?

The filters screw into the end of the nosepiece.

With the standard nosepiece setup it's not uncommeon for the DSLR to be too far out to reach focus as you have a lot of length between the focuser and the camera. If it won't go in far enough to focus, there is a fiddle which might help. The 1.25" EP holder tube can be screwed onto the bit that you're holding in the first picture from the wrong side. This puts the locking screw inside the 'scope but makes for a considerable shorter assembly. You need to assemble the camera / T-mount/nosepiece as one assembly. Push it into the bit your holding with the tube on the back, tighten the locking screw and then put the whole thing into the focuser. If the locking screw is too long you might have to replace it or merely sand it down to shorten it. Do not leave it loose as it might drop onto your primary mirror. If you are happy with the camera just slotted into the tube, remove the screw and put it somehwhere safe so you don't lose it.

HTH

Captain Chaos

Excellent CC, now it makes alot more sense.

Their are so many things to know with each bit of kit I buy, I can honestly say I wont be making anymore "large" purchases for quite some time, I need to start getting the most out of the kit I've got and this is typically how its done - learning from others!

Scotty

As you seem to have a 2" T mount for your scope you would either have to try and find a step down ring from 48mm to 37mm or preferbly buy a 1.25 (37mm) t adaptor.

I ended up buying both and use the 1.25 if I want to use my LPR or ND filters, or the 2" when using only a minus violet ( I have that filter in the 2 " version) alternativly you can go out and buy a whole new set of filters in the larger 2" size. ( eeek!!)

SRB http://www.srbfilm.co.uk/ Are really handy for odds and sods.. they not only stock the largest range of filters and adaptors in the country but also will make one off items for you if you need something that cant be found.

Archived