NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

I have been assimilated!!!

Euan

borgkittehsez128505383900781250.jpg

I picked up this fine instrument today. It only has the 0.85x reducer so at the moment I will be running it at F5.5, which suits me to be honest as any less than F5 and I really need to change to 2" filters.

I will eventually go for the F4 super reducer then also new filters. I've been thinking about the feathertouch upgrade as well but so far I'm seriously impressed with the helical focuser. I've found that all my Baader filters are parfocal, so it may well be ok, time will tell.

I've had a lot of hassle with connectors getting the Atik to be at the right spacing with the Equinox 80, but ironically, even though the Borg system is known for being a right hassle with loads of complex adaptors, it turns out that straight from the reducer I'm only 0.8mm off the 55mm spacing requirement, so I'm delighted about that.

It's all racked up on the Astro Developments M3 system along side the Orion ST80 guidescope ready to go. There's crazy wind outside but I might just have to go for it :)

5126399203_2c489b1efb_z.jpg

Well, even with not having exactly the right spacing and a wee bit of tilt from a mismatched set of threads, the field flatness is still superb

5131137422_6fd01e476d_z.jpg

The helical focuser is excellent, although the focus does shift ever so slightly when it's locked off, but it's just a case of having it slightly off to one side before focusing, something I will just have to get used to for the moment

• 2 weeks later...

Archived