Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Ace Cameras

dmahon

Further to my last post, I then found what I wanted elsewhere. I emailed them to make sure that they were the right things ("Can you tell me if this item as pictured (double rings, 6 way adjustable): (link) fits a standard Skywatcher/Synta dovetail finderscope base?" to which they replied that it would.

I ordered one of these:

11261.jpg

and I got one of these (without the finder):

12113.gif

Why do they bother?

I have asked for my money back and this time I have asked for my postage costs refunded too.

Why doesn't FLO (or Modern Astronomy) stock everything?

Have just received my Meade 5000 34mm SWA EP.

I contacted Ace Cameras Monday just gone regarding the above EP to see if they had stock of it as they were offering it at £100 off the RRP price. The young lady I spoke to admitted she didnt know too much about the astro side of things and asked me to call back when the chap who does was back from Lunch.

I called back half an hour later and had a really good conversation about the EP and after that was then advised to place the order online to avoid any confusion with the order.

Place the order Monday evening after many "should I, shouldnt I" sessions and it arrived very well packaged and with a hand written compliment slip via a courier.

So Ace, it dosnt get any better than that. Ten out of ten.

Very helpful, more than happy to have a chat and very quick turn around after the order was placed.

• 1 year later...

Archived