Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Another wierd object in one of my subs

Catanonia

I am currently taking images (20min Ha subs) of IC1396 The elephants Trunk and noticed in the stack a wierd object.

It is only in sub 4 out of 8

See attached image.

Now this is a single 20 minute sub and the object looks coned shaped. Notice the parallel lines either side of it.

Aeroplane ???????

Well I would expect at least 3 parallel lines for a high flying one and a streak of light, not a single cone shaped object, remember this is a 20minute sub.

It looks so wierd. It is not in any of the other stacks that have been running continuously.

The cone shaped object is not in any other subs only sub 4 so it is a new object.

It must be an Aeroplane, but why just this small object and nothing else.

Can anyone shed some light on this.

Don't worry, not shouting SuperNova this time :)

post-16631-133877495837_thumb.jpg

Its the strobe light on a low plane. I get those a lot living near two airports :)

thanks mate, thought it was a plane, was wondering why it was so short and only in that one place. But then it is a 20 minute sub.

Manchester airport is 30 clicks from me :( get loads too.

On plus side, the subs are looking great for IC 1396

Its the strobe light on a low plane.

Or a meteor approaching very nearly head on.

BTW if you use kappa sigma stacking, "glitches" like aircraft light trains, satellites & other objects which do not appear in most frames will "magically" vanish in the final image.

Archived