advice

looking to buy a new scope, I,m using a 60 x 900 refractor, been looking at a celestron astromaster 130eq and a skywatcher skymax 80eq1, i,m not to clued on cassegrian scopes. which scope type will be best for me .??? :)

i'm worried about the small size of lens and scope of the cassegrain compaired with a 5" reflector, which is going to give me the best results ??? :(

While the Skymax 80 will be a bit of an improvement over your current scope, it's not a big step up by any means wheras the 130mm will deliver noticably better views, especially of deep sky objects.

thank you, another question if i may, i live in north cheshire, the skys are average would it make much differance if i pushed my limit and went for a 6" in stead of a 5" or am i just splitting hairs and would it not make much differance??

Extra aperture is always a good thing whatever the skies are like. When you do get a good night you will appreciate it. Whichever you go for, you can expect a big performance jump over your 60mm.

Archived