NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

which Astro/science apps for my new phone?

OptiGone

Got the new Nokia N8 today which has the symbian3 OS. This phone is a HUGE step up from my last phone and will take some getting use to :(

Question is can anyone recommend some good astro apps that may be of interest?

Something like Stellarium would be a great start as i dont think they do a phone version.

Also looking for any astro/physics/science RSS feeds that people use and like.

Oh did i mention i got a new phone today :):D:D

my son has a great app on his I phone .. you hold it up to the sky and it tells you what the star planets are works on the fangled gyroscopic things or whatever they put in an iphone !!

would imagine its available for a lot of phones will find out what its called :)

my son has a great app on his I phone .. you hold it up to the sky and it tells you what the star planets are works on the fangled gyroscopic things or whatever they put in an iphone !!

would imagine its available for a lot of phones will find out what its called :)

I know the exact one you mean, a fellow student had it on a recent weeks observing in mallorca. But cant for the life of me remeber the name!!

Was an excellent app if anyone knows the name?

Where's Io is a good one, shows and predicts the positions of jupiters moons in a 72hr peroid. Also Iridium Flares and MySattelites - they pull data from the heavens-above website and can alert you when there are visible passes. Though these are on the android marketplace, they're bound to be available on others..

I know the exact one you mean, a fellow student had it on a recent weeks observing in mallorca. But cant for the life of me remeber the name!!

Was an excellent app if anyone knows the name?

STAR WALK for the iphone think its free failing that only pence

Archived