Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Looking for advice on my first scope

Hi brantuk. Thanks a lot for the clarification. It was becoming a bit confusing :) lol

Hi Warthog. The walls here do cut out quite a lot of light from my neighbours. Sometimes the houses to either side leave their upstairs back lights on for hours at a time, but the walls are tall enough that if I get my old drumming stool to sit on I'm well protected from the light and can still see plenty of sky.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well in the end I had to go for the 1145p (just wasn't enough funds to get the more expensive options). Got it home this afternoon and I've put it all together, aligned the red dot finder and so on.

I have a question: I've been experimenting with moving the scope into different positions to simulate looking at stars (basically it was a case of "If x star is over there how do I move the scope to find it"), and I noticed that the eyepiece does end up in some awkward positions (I was warned about this). So the question is, is there any reason why I can't loosen the scope brackets and turn the scope so that the eyepiece is in a more comfortable place? Or is that just asking for trouble and damage to the scope?

Archived