Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

QHY5 help when using PHD

Hi Guys

Having just recieved the QHY5 guide camera from durr (many thanks Steve) i have just set it up on the mount and opened up PHD.

The QHY5 power LED lights up and after clicking the camera button, selecting Ascomv5, then selecting CMOS QHY5 in the drop down box - ALL OKAY.

Then click on mount , GPUSB, and click on telescope, the bottom left hand corner says QHY5 Camera.

Pressing on the LOOP button the screen shows white ( the camera is working OKay :))

The camera setting icon which is on the lower right hand side cannot be clicked.

It did when i used my spc900 webcam for guiding.

My question is if i cannot click the camera setting icon, how do you adjust the settings on the QHY5 when you are guiding ?

i.e Gain

Frames per second etc ?

thanks

Graham

In a nutshell, you can't. The only only thing you can change is the exposure time. I've never found the need to change anything else anyway, you shouldn't need to go any longer than 2 or 3 seconds unless you're imaging something in a really empty part of the sky.

Tony..

Archived