Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

A Dim M33

BlueAstra

Had a go at M33 last night. I didn't have a lot of time to spare, and it wasn't helped by a comms failure. The canon control s/w lost contact with the camera, bringing down PHD and causing SNight to stop tracking. Not sure if that was the order of events, but some glitch on the USB line caused havoc. Solved it by disconnecting USB cables to the Canon and guide cam and re-connecting. PHD and Canon s/w re-started and re-connected, and fortunately SN operated normally - maybe because it uses the RS232 line and not the hub.

Anyway, managed 20x4m with 20 flats and some old darks for 4C (burrr!). C8 SCT + 0.63FR + OAG + 1000d + LPF. I don't think the Moon helped, and its such a dim target I think I need longer than 4m. Pushed it a little too far in processing, as usual. Thanks for looking.

post-16060-133877494426_thumb.jpg

I would have expected a bit more detail than that for 20x4mins...is that setup f6.3 with the reducer?

Though the moon does play silly buggers sometimes.

I got similar resuts on a pic due to a bit of whispy cloud.....oh god i'm rambling someone punch me..

Still, not too bad.

Archived