5th Moon pt 2

Further to my recent post on the mystery of the 5th moon around Jupiter I found a picture my friend had taken on 13 Oct at approx. 21:00 GMT+1.

As far as I can see one of main moons has gone behind Jupiter which leaves the other 3 main moons but what is that on the upper left hand side of the picture?

Please help;

jovian.jpg

Al, I used the date and time you provided to check on them. I checked in Stellarium and show the same thing for that date and time...

20 Psc - HIP117378 would appear in a 1degree FOV...

Did you see this on the same date, just earlier in the evening ?

I have seen it on numerous occasions, the four main moons being in a line in front of Jupiter (the smallest to the right) and way off left and up, but within the same field of vision, another object that doesn't shine like a star but has a matt colouring, like the other moons.

Apologies, I'm extremely grateful for you help and advice and my previous email did not mean to infer a "raised voice".

I think, as I've just taken up Astronomy as a hobby, then I'm probably trying to run before I can walk.

Once again, thank you for your help.

Archived