NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

10-14-10

Agelesslink

Got a second look at the moon. It's a very clear night in Louisiana. I Identified Cygnus, Aquila, Lyra, Cephus, Cassiopea, Pegasus, Andromeda, Perseus, And Jupiter

The night sky is starting to fill up for me where once was empty sky with random stars. Though my binoculars are hopelessly too weak to make out anything but the moon, i keep trying to see something of detail on Jupiter. I'll just keep learning and memorizing a constellation per night until I can get myself some decent binocs and a tripod.

I might start trying to sketch the moon soon. Ive been looking at everyone's sketches lately and it just seems too cool to not try. Any pointers will certainly be appreciated.

I might start trying to sketch the moon soon. Ive been looking at everyone's sketches lately and it just seems too cool to not try. Any pointers will certainly be appreciated.

There's a very basic tutorial in my lunar sketch album, but i wrote a very detailed one for the B.A.S. ... PM your email address to me if you'd like a copy. :D

Sounds like you are starting to find your way around the sky. Is is a good feeling when you look up and like you said, where were once random stars, you now see some constelations etc. Keep going as it gets more interesting the further you go. Clear skies.:D

Archived