Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

2" Diagonal upgrade to SE8 Weights and measures

I was considering going 2" and found a new Revelation Astro dialectric of good spec but was not sure if it would fit my fork without problems at the zenith.

I couldn't resist it at £50.

It was very marginally longer by the time you removed the visual back

(this one is the SCT threaded variety).

The first pic shows it with a rule in inches. For you younger guys the Revelation stands 103mm from the back of the scope.

Weightwise the 1.25 daigonal and visusl back weigh 238g.

The Revelation weighs in at 538g of which 82g is the 1.25 adapter.

Hope this is of use for other SCT owners.

I hope the new diagonal outperforms the standard Celestron one with the SE8 (1.25 prism type) and look forward to the cloud clearing.

I like the fact that it all screws together and to the back of the scope eliminating the risk of dropping the diagonal and EP if the thumscrew on the visual back works loose. Nice brass compression rings to cosset my EPs and I think it looks the canine accoutrements.

:D

post-15088-133877492112_thumb.jpg

post-15088-133877492119_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...
I was considering going 2" and found a new Revelation Astro dialectric of good spec but was not sure if it would fit my fork without problems at the zenith.

I couldn't resist it at £50.

It was very marginally longer by the time you removed the visual back

(this one is the SCT threaded variety).

The first pic shows it with a rule in inches. For you younger guys the Revelation stands 103mm from the back of the scope.

Weightwise the 1.25 daigonal and visusl back weigh 238g.

The Revelation weighs in at 538g of which 82g is the 1.25 adapter.

Hope this is of use for other SCT owners.

I hope the new diagonal outperforms the standard Celestron one with the SE8 (1.25 prism type) and look forward to the cloud clearing.

I like the fact that it all screws together and to the back of the scope eliminating the risk of dropping the diagonal and EP if the thumscrew on the visual back works loose. Nice brass compression rings to cosset my EPs and I think it looks the canine accoutrements.

:)

Hi, just wondered what you thought of your Revelation Astro dialectric diagonal?, and can you still fit wide eyepieces? as it sits quite tight to the bach of the scop.

Thanks in advance, martin

Archived