NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Sunspot 1112 in very poor seeing (SPC880NC->900NC)

teh_orph

Hello guys,

Sunday was my first test of the SPC880NC->SPC900NC mod, after buy a camera off Morgan's mid week. It was cloudy every single night until then! Ah...

Anyway this picture was taken at about 4pm on Sunday 10/10/10. Seeing was very poor with huge heat haze, it was pretty windy so there was lots of wobbly frames and finally I live on top of a tube line so there's vibrations every few mins! So 23000(!) poor frames later I decided to try and process it. Chopping the video up into several vibration-free videos, stacking them (with Registax) and then stacking the result didn't yield a decent image.

So I fed the whole thing into AviStack and spent an hour getting the frames to align and then a further two hours doing the actual stacking process. I'm pretty happy with the result, considering the input :(

sunallppcolourised.jpg

Taken with a Skywatcher Explorer 130P with RA motor drive and a white light filter.

Comments?

Thanks for looking :(

Archived