Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Two quick questions.

I've noticed that I have had trouble seeing through the default 10mm eyepiece that comes with the orion XT 4.5, and I think it is due to the smaller field of view it provides. Is this normal on the smaller size eyepieces? Or is there one with either a better eye relief or field of view? My next question is, how long do most people spend looking outside when they are looking in their backyard? Currently it seems like my maximum amount of patience (I am ADD) I can muster up is for about 40-50 minutes of viewing time, is there any way to build up my level of tolerance to sitting out more?

With smaller EPs you get higher magnification and you'll see a smaller area of the sky.

I do some breaks for hot chocolate or tea/coffee. I usually stay out for 1 or 2 hours with 1 or 2 small breaks.

The most I stayed out was about 6 hours but the conditions where perfect and I was observing a lot of objects for the 1st time. The time kind of flew by.

Archived